- 1 pkg 28oz Cloverdale original tangy summer sausage, cubed (also delicious with Cloverdale baon)
- 1 lb. Cavatappi pasta
- 6 tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 5-1/2 cups Milk
- 2-1/2 cups Gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Dry bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. Truffle oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook cavatappi in boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-low heat. Whisk flour into butter until mixture has a thick, paste-like consistency, about 30 seconds. Slowly whisk 2 cups milk into butter-flour mixture until smooth. Stir in remaining milk, increase heat to medium high, and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is thick and almost boiling, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir Cloverdale Tangy Summer Sausage, Gouda cheese, Cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, and 1 cup Parmesan cheese into milk mixture until cheese melts and cheese sauce is smooth. Fold cavatappi into cheese sauce; pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Stir remaining Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs together in a small bowl. Sprinkle bread crumbs mixture over cavatappi mixture and drizzle truffle oil over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.