- 4 slices Cloverdale bacon (any flavor)
- 2-1/2" wedge Cloverdale Tangy summer sausage (any flavor)
- 4 12-oz. (medium) russet potatoes
- 3/4 cup Reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Chopped scallions
- 1 cup Old Home sour cream or sour lean
- Clean and pierce potatoes several times with a fork. Then cut potatoes in half lengthwise ¾ of the way through and place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave for on high for 6-8 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- Meanwhile, begin cooking bacon until crispy, in a skillet over medium heat (See package for cook time but about 8 minutes.).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Once done microwaving, flip potatoes and microwave for another 5 to 7 minutes, until soft on all sides. Then carefully remove and scoop out and the inside potato flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch inside the skin. Place the potato skins on the baking sheet with skins side down.
- Bake until crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove sheet, and flip the skins with skins up this time and repeat another 3 minutes and remove sheet but leave oven on.
- Remove bacon from skillet and place in paper towels to remove excess grease. Pour off excess grease and discard or save (see our bacon grease idea page on our website.) Don’t wipe the pan yet.
- Dice the 2 1/2'” segment of Cloverdale Tangy Summer Sausage into 1/8” cubes. Brown the sausage on medium heat for 1 minute in the bacon skillet stirring occasionally. Chop or crumble bacon into 1/8” dices while sausage is cooking.
- Evenly distribute multiple layers of cheese, sausage and bacon on the hollowed out potato skins as desired. Cover w a final layer cheese and black pepper. Bake until cheese has melted, about 2 minutes and remove from oven. (For extra crispy skins, return to the oven. Broil for an additional 2 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven.)
- Move skins to a serving plate and add a dollop of Old Home Sour Cream or Sour Lean. Sprinkle with diced scallions and dive in!! Yum.