Wild Rice Stuffing with Cloverdale BaconPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 lb. Cloverdale bacon
- 1-1/2 cups Wild rice blend
- 2-1/4 cups Gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 Dried bay leaf
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 Jumbo Shallot or Small onion, chopped
- 8 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 stalks Celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Dried thyme
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup Slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup Dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Parmesan (if desired)
- Add wild rice, chicken broth, bay leaf, and a pinch of salt to a 1-1/2 – 2 quart saucepan then bring to a boil. Place a lid on top then turn heat down to low and simmer for 40-45 minutes or until rice is al dente. Let pan sit on the heat with the lid on for 5 minutes then remove bay leaf, fluff rice with a fork, and set aside. Cook bacon in a large, 12" skillet over medium heat then transfer to a bowl. Turn heat up to medium-high then melt butter in skillet and add shallots, mushrooms, and celery. Once mushrooms have released their liquid and begin to brown, add dried thyme then season with salt and pepper. Saute until mushrooms are golden brown and vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic and fresh sage then saute until garlic is very fragrant and golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat then add cooked wild rice, cooked bacon, chopped almonds, dried cranberries, and parmesan cheese to skillet then stir well to combine. Add a splash of chicken broth if you need to loosen the stuffng up a bit. Taste then add salt and pepper if necessary. Enjoy!