1 pound of Cloverdale Chipotle Garlic Bacon chopped
Dash of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Scrape out and remove seeds from your two pumpkins. Wash and clean your seeds from your pumpkin, making sure you remove any unwanted pumpkin rinds or deformed seeds. Wash in a colander and once again remove any unwanted items.
3. Soak the clean seeds in a bowl full of water for 1/2 hour on kitchen counter or overnight in the refrigerator. Drain the seeds, discarding the water.
4. Fill a pot with water and a dash of salt (enough water so that it will cover the seeds). Bring the water to a boil. Place seeds into the boiling water and boil gently for about 10 minutes. This helps cook the insides of your pumpkin seeds so when you go to roast them you will get perfect pumpkins seeds crunch insuring the insides are cooked.
5. Turn off the heat and drain the seeds and place back into your empty bowl. Toss seeds with chopped bacon. Lay out bacon and seeds in thin layer onto a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with Sea Salt. Place in oven and move and turn the seeds over about every 10 minutes, making sure they are not burning. Seeds are done after about 40 minutes or when they become firmer and are no longer soft. You do not want dark spots on your seeds, you want them to be a darker yellow. Season with additional salt if desired. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!
As a family-run company, the health and safety of our Cloverdale employees, their families and our community is of the utmost importance. To learn more, please read this letter from our CEO and President, Scott Russell.