For the balsamic glaze
- 1 cup Good balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Honey
For the tacos
- 4 Corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Grated extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4 slices Cloverdale maple bacon
- 2 tbsp. Maple syrup
- 4 Large eggs
- 4 tbsp. Chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 Green onions, sliced
- Balsamic glaze
- Sprouts or chopped mixed greens
Make balsamic reduction:
- Stir balsamic vinegar and honey together in a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the vinegar can coat a spoon.
- Set the balsamic reduction aside to cool. The mixture will thicken as it cools. It should be thick and stick, but not so thick that it’s hard to stir. If it’s too thick, add a bit more vinegar, place back over heat and stir until incorporated. If not thick enough, put back on burner until it thickens a bit more.
For the tacos:
- Brush large nonstick skillet with olive or vegetable oil. Char tortillas over gas flame or directly on electric burner until blackened in spots, turning with tongs. Arrange tortillas in single layer and sprinkle each tortilla with 2 Tablespoons grated cheese and set aside.
- Cook Cloverdale Maple Bacon in a skillet until it’s three-fourths of the way done, brush with maple syrup, and finish cooking. Chopping into bite size pieces, set aside.
- Whisk eggs and 2 tablespoons cilantro in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add green onions to a skillet and sauté 2 minutes. Add egg mixture and stir until very softly set, about 1 minute. Remove egg mixture from heat.
- Divide egg mixture among tortillas, top with micro-greens, and sprinkle with bacon bits and remaining cilantro. Fold each tortilla in half and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Enjoy!