It’s easy. Here’s how:
- Line a pan with the bacon. You can use a glass baking pan, a steel or aluminum baking sheet, or even a cast iron pan.
- Put the pan into a cold, unheated oven. I use the middle rack.
- Set the oven to bake at 400°F (204°C).
- Set the timer for 20 minutes. It may take a bit more or less time, depending on your oven. You can calibrate your oven for even better results.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Place the bacon on a plate (or a plate lined with a paper towel if you’re grease averse).
- Enjoy the best, crispiest, most delicious bacon you’ve ever had.
Tips: You don’t need to cover the pan, it won’t mess up your oven. Line the pan with aluminum foil or parchment for easier cleanup. Don’t use a baking rack to “keep the bacon out of the grease.” Instead, put the crispy bacon onto a paper towel-lined plate when it’s done.